St. Julian's Stage 5 COVID Protocol Reminders:
January 14, 2022
Dear St. Julian's Family:
As we continue to see increases in both COVID-19 infections and hospitalization rates in our community, I want to provide further updates on behalf of our St. Julian’s Forward (COVID) Task Force. To begin with, we continue to meet weekly to review all current protocols and any new guidance from healthcare officials and/or the bishop’s office.
We are continuing in-person worship at 9 and 11:15 AM with Christian Education between services following our Stage 5 protocols listed below. This is due in large measure to the fact that St. Julian’s, as a whole, has embraced vaccinations and boosters; is largely worshipping with us online allowing for easy social distancing in church; and has been steadfast in embracing our protocols. And, I want to thank all in our family of faith for that steadfast diligence. It has kept us safe and allowed those who wish to continue to worship in-person to do so. As a reminder, our previously published Stage 5 protocols are:
St. Julian's Stage 5 Protocols:
- Masks are required for all participants ages 2 and up at all indoor gatherings (worship, Sunday School, church meetings and events).
- Upon arrival for worship or any church gathering one adult per family must read our screening questions and sign in. No one will be admitted without signing in. This allows for consent and contact tracing if necessary.
- Please sanitize hands as you enter the worship space.
- Please use the 2 finger "peace sign" to indicate that you prefer to avoid touchwhen Passing the Peace or otherwise in the service. If you are not sure if a person around you is comfortable with touch, please ask first and default to fist or elbow bumps.
- Communion will be served in both kinds (bread and wine). However, we ask that all intinct (dip) bread in wine rather than drinking from the chalice. If preferred, in the Episcopal Church receiving communion in one kind (bread only) is fully receiving the sacrament.
- No food or drink is allowed in the church, except for children under the age of 2 or for medical reasons.
- Social distancing is required by keeping at least two seats empty between households/bubbles. Chairs have been removed from the worship space and are already set a minimum of 6' apart between rows.
- We are limiting the total number of people in one service to 50.
- If you don’t feel well or feel "off" in any way, please join us online out of an abundance of caution.
As I have mentioned before, if being in a larger indoor crowd (fully masked) is not a space you are comfortable being in at this time, we more than understand. Please consider joining us online (link below). We are committed to continuing to live-stream worship (9 AM) and Adult Ed (10:20 AM) each and every Sunday at St. Julian's. I want to continue to underscore whether joining us online or in-person, we are all St. Julian’s together!
I am so grateful for your shared ministry and friendship, and I hope this reaches you and yours as healthy and well as possible.
Peace and Warm Friendship,
Vicar, St. Julian of Norwich Episcopal Church
Worship at 9 AM and Adult Christian Ed at 10:20 AM Streamed Live each Week:
Meeting ID: 833 1790 6701
Phone Number to Dial in: (346) 248-7799